Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Week #56 - Between Brothers

If you follow the "Between Brothers" portion of the blog, you might have noticed that there hasn't been a letter from Callahan in a while. He SAYS he is writing Landon on his own. He forwarded me this exchange to prove it. Callahan was the only one to actually receive a letter from Landon this week!

Callahan to Landon ...
Alright so with me there hasn't been too much. Basketball is over and now I have a gym pass and I'm working a lot so it's pretty much like before season. It's kinda nice that basketball season is done but it also kinda sucks. I'm just nervous for next year because if I play good during the summer then I'll be starting next year which is nerve wracking. But it'll be good. School has been all right. Not too bad, got s couple grades I need to get up but nothing below a C right now. I'm trying to eat healthier but I'm not sure how that's gonna go because I'm not a very good eater.. But I'll have to become less picky depending on where I go on my mission because some places have some stuff I don't like but I guess I'll get used to it. Has it been like that for you? Or have you always liked Mexican food? Anyway that's most of what has gone on. Love and miss you bro. 

Landon to Callahan ...
Haha so sad.. No basketball.. Right now, of all the Elders that we play with on Monday, I am the best basketball player. There are some other good players, but I am #1. ðŸ˜Ž All the Mexican Elders look at me like I am some professional. Haha 

I have discovered that eating healthy is very hard.. And not to mention very expensive too! Many times we are at the store looking, so there is a healthy Wheat Bran cereal, which contains 400g for $56 (pesos) or Frosted Corn Flakes that contains 850g for $42.... Corn Flakes of course!  Me? I have come to love Mexican food! I rarely ate it before my mission.. And besides, I really isn't Mexican food there in America! Many people ask me what we eat as Americans.... It is surprisingly very hard to answer that question. We just eat a whole lot of everything! Here, basically with every meal, tortillas are served. So that will be weird to return home and eat without any tortillas.

Good to hear from you. Keep up with reading the scriptures and praying! I hope you are going to church. You won't believe how hard it is to get people here to go to church.. Before we can baptize a person, they need to attend church 5 times.. But all the people here have the bad custom of going to "Misa" (Catholic sacrament meeting) when "they feel like it". But you should already be well accustomed to going to church!  Love you dude.

*** Step Stats ***
(This was all I got in my "to mommy" letter!) Hey super sorry! But we don't have much time to write today! We played a bit too much at the church today... hehehe. But here are the steps!

Monday, March 7 - 23498
Tuesday, March 8 - 19851
Wednesday, March 9 - 14697
Thursday, March 10 - 8861
Friday, March 11 - 21014
Saturday, March 12 - 24786
Sunday, March 13 - 14288

Oops, Mommy dropped down this week. I had a bit of an off week, not getting in all of my regular activity. All the brothers are there in the Top10, as well as Grayson! Always glad to see him there. This mission area sure does keep Elder Blackham stepping! No one can catch Super Cooper though! 



*** Between Brothers ***
Landon doesn't always have time to write brothers back,
but here are the emails out!

Dear Landon, I don't have a lot to write, I had a really good report card at school. This week on Thursday, it was Grandparents day. So Grandma and Grandpa Westra came and ate lunch with us. Cooper, Keaton and I have been playing a LOT on the small hoop, it has been really, really fun. Mom made a video of my Jr Jazz tournament. I did really good, so did my friend Tyler. Yesterday, I went to a friend's birthday party. What we did first was go to the church and play a lot of basketball. I was winning by so much that I JUST shot half courts. I made 2 of them! I ended up making about 16 three or something close to that. After, we went and played on his Xbox 360. We had ice cream and cupcakes. I had so much fun. I am about done because nothing that interesting really happened this week, sop, Love ya! ColtBolt

Dear Landon, we had another short week, missing Friday because of Parent Teacher Conferences. I had better grades this term than last term, because the last term I got two 3's, but now I only have 4's. I "bragged" to Colton that I had better grades, because he had one 3. We went to the book fair after, and I got myself a couple of books. And when we were at school, a few hours before PTC, I finished the 40 book challenge! I still have about two and a half months of school left, so I still have a lot of reading to do. I'm the first one to do it in my class, and the first to finish in the grade. Colton, Keaton, and I made up a game for the small hoop called "The 5 Second Game." We pretend it is a tie game with only five seconds left, and we try to be clutch. We have made some pretty cool shots, and it is really fun. I learned a few more dunks to do on the tramp. One of them is an off the backboard pass to myself, catch it one handed 180 dunk. The other dunk is a behind the back reverse dunk, and they are both really hard to do. Thursday was bring a special guest to lunch day, so we brought grandpa and grandpa. My lunch was at 12:45, and Colton's was at 11:10, so we went at Colton's lunch time. My teacher kind of gave me a reward for an extra long recess. She gave me the choice to go at recess the same time as 4th grade, or come back to class and do art, and you definitely know what my choice was. I got nearly a two hour recess of playing basketball. Love, Cooper

Dear Landon, we've been doing a dissection lab in Biology this whole week. We got to choose between a frog and a pig. My partner and I chose frog because it was easier. It was pretty fun and really disgusting. I'm starting to write with my right hand a little bit more, but it's still harder than before. I finally got my permit on 11 de marzo. You had to get 80% to pass (40/50), and I got 40/50 lqtm. I don't really want to drive until I get my cast off because I want to get used to driving regularly. Have you heard about the new Captain America movie coming out? It's called "Captain America Civil War. It looks so awesome. Almost all of the Avengers are in it, except Hulk and Thor; and they're choosing sides between Iron Man or Captain America. There is also three new characters in the movies that aren't Avengers: Ant Man, Black Panther, and SPIDER MAN!!!! Spidey is my fav sooper hero of all time. The trailer shows who is on Iron Man's side and Captain America's side. Spider Man, War Machine (Rhodey), The Vision, Black Widow, and Black Panther are on Iron Man's side. Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Ant Man, and Buck, who is one of Captain's old frenemies, are on Captain America's side. I hate Captain America now because in the first trailer, you can see Cap and Buck teaming up on Iron Man and just completely recking him. So yeah... it comes out on May 6. Wuv, Keat

No comments:

Post a Comment