Monday, July 27, 2015

Week #23 - Forjadores Food

First of all, I should say forgive me for not writing the past couple weeks. With not much happening, that means that there isn't a lot to write.. The days keep going by, here in Forjadores. This week was a lot better than the last. More lessons, more work. With this week, we've had a lot more focus on the less actives of the ward. So we went with every member that is listed in the ward, including some inactives that we have never seen! We also plan on visiting every member in the ward at some point, hoping to obtain a reference from every one of them. 

We did get haircuts last P-day (compare this weeks picture to last weeks, I was a little shaggy). We played  Uno at one of our gatherings. I didn't win, but it was a lot of fun. We observed a couple of the sisters during language study.  I'm glad Hma Guadarrama isn't my teacher, she is really tough! Every time Hma Ibarra would mess up, Hma Guadarrama would give a shriek of frustration. It was pretty hilarious to watch. As usual, there has been rain. Lots of rain. One day it was practically a monsoon. Really, the rain was nuts. 

A little about the food here ... we had some lasagna this week, it was great. A family that works at a Chinese restaurant invited us over there. It was a buffet. Lets just say we ate very well! I had a ton of fried rice, shrimp and beef. They also had some wonderful watermelon, probably the best I've ever had. Then I had my first fortune cookie in Spanish, which is cool. Last week, we went to Tomatos Pizza. The family we were to eat with were the owners. We were a little hesitant, because is was Sunday! But what could we do, that was lunch (or we wouldn't have food).  This week, a newlywed couple had us over for dinner and made awesome burgers for us. I ate three (they were small, don't judge). Yesterday we bought some Tacos Polo. It was the first time in like three weeks and I'd missed them dearly. 

So that is what is happening right now in Forjadores!
Have a good week everyone!



*** Step Stats ***
Monday, July 20 - 19419
Tuesday, July 21 - 15969
Wednesday, July 22 - 12940
Thursday, July 23 - 12007
Friday, July 24 - 18226
Saturday, July 25 - 15639
Sunday, July 26 - 8200

Well, Callahan is in first place again. The brothers are pretty impressive ... Daddy dropped off the Top10 completely (back at work, not a lot of stepping at the desk or during the drive). 


*** Between Brothers ***
Just a word from Mommy here ... I generally rearrange the order the boys write and Landon responds, so that the letters are in chronological order (youngest kid to oldest) and consistent each week. This week, I didn't shift things on the letter TO Landon. Keaton wrote first, then Cooper, Keaton and Callahan (Callahan IS consistently last to write after I remind him). I did rearrange the letters here, but you'll note Landon mentions writing Keaton first (in response to his first letter) and commenting on Colton's description of the Pixals movie (which Keaton and Cooper had mentioned but hadn't explained in detail as Colton did). Landon's comments don't make quite as much sense in my reordered copy here on the blog. :)

Dear Landon, on the 24th, we did a lot of fireworks. I was surprised that Mom and Dad bought some. Joy and Oreo have been a bit nicer that usual, they both were sleeping on mom's bed a the same time. Also, we let them both out at the same time, Joy would mostly attack Oreo then run away and Oreo would follow her, every time Joy would swat at Oreo, he would like defend himself by putting his paw up. We saw a movie called Pixels. It was awesome. About the movie, some humans sent a time capsule into space and some aliens found it and they thought it was a way of attacking them. So they sent down real life video games to attack back. There were 3 battles. The first one the humans didn't know about so the Pixels won that battle but every battle won would get a trophy. If the Pixels won, they would take one of the humans of the city, but if the humans won, they would get a video game character. The part I mostly liked was one of the battles, where pac-man was destroying the city then the people said, "The only way to take pac-man down is with ghosts." So they got some cars that are called ghosts and they had to hit pac-man 3 times. FNAF 4 CAME OUT (not for the ipod though...) We have been watching Markiplier play it. He's already on night 5! Today we had a great dinner! We had, mashed potatoes, chicken, stake and, rolls. And for dessert, we had scookie! This week we also went to Krispy Kreme's and got, 3 boxes of glazed donuts, (dropped one box off at Maga's house) and we got a box of chocolate, maple and cinnamon. That's about it for this week. Love, Colton

Dear Landon, dad did not come Monday night, he actually came a day after in the afternoon. He brought a lot of stuff home, but my favorite thing he brought was the shirts. And right when he came home he asked the question, "Where's Joy?" So Joy is living in Keaton's room now, because my room has a lot more hiding spots. Also, Joy and Oreo have gotten along with each more. But this time, it was Joy attacking and hissing at Oreo, which was weird. And while they were both sleeping in mom's room, they woke up, and kind of started whacking each other, and it was pretty funny. And we finally got to see the movie Pixels, because it came out a couple of days ago. It was a very funny movie and it was very dramatic. We also had the good dinner today with steak, chicken, and MASHED POTATOES. It was so delicious, too bad you are not going to have it in the next 1 and a half years. And a few days ago we went to Krispy Kreme's. I never thought that donuts could be that good, especially the sample donuts! FNAF 4 came out unexpectedly this week, so we have been watching the videos of it! It is the scariest game yet in the series, and you are not in an office, you're in a bedroom playing as a kid. And I hope in a little while it will come out to IOS. Love, Cooper

Dear Landon, dad got home last Tuesday at about noon. And since dad isn't allowed to bring a razor to the airport, he came home with a pretty hefty beard. He brought us all candy and shirts, and he got me a weird high-pitched/quacking noise toy thing. It's really fun! It's about one cm and I just put it on my tongue and either blow or suck in. We had a BBQ tonight with Maga, Livi, Ana, and the boys, but Callahan had to work. He didn't get any. We moved Joy into my room so she can't get lost as easily. We chose my room over Cal's because mine is about 5x cleaner than his room. Even with the kitten's toys and litter box! I suppose that you didn't hear fireworks two days ago. We lit the rest of our fireworks with Kaden and Nikki watching. Callahan had to work again, so he didn't see any fireworks at home. We also got new neighbors in the Sextons' house... again. Still, no teenage boy. We saw the move Pixels a few days ago. It was a lot funnier than I had expected. It took Cooper and Colton's first place spot in movies-watched-in-theaters. Dad and I still think that Inside Out was funnier. Pixels had a lot of funny characters. Like: Kevin James, the Bed Time Stories guy, the voice of Olaf the snowman, and the midget in Elf. So yeah... it was pretty fun. Wuv, Keaton  -Oh, and we also went Krispy Kreme doughnuts while the hot light was on. I've waited thousands of years for that... it seems like.

Dear Landon, Dad is home from Europe which is nice, but I still haven't seen him that much. On the 24th I worked a lot, I had to work at KFC for 4 hours and then work a Real game. I didn't get home till 12:45. I got a couple Krispy Kreme donuts in between my shift at KFC and the Real game. Then Dad did a barbecue on Sunday which was mean because I had to work that night. He did cook up a steak right before I left though, which was nice. There is plenty leftover without you there or me there. Oreo has been adjusting to the kitty better now. She hasn't, but he has. I went to a farewell for a friend that all my friends used to play with last year, His name is Josh Ward and he is going to Salem Oregon. It was nice to hear him speak and see him again. I hadn't seen him for a while. Your mission is flying by and lets keep it that way. Love and miss you .

  • Dear Colton: That is a bit surprising that the parents would buy fireworks! That is good that the kitties are getting along better. Now you get to see them play together, which is a lot funner. Finally! Someone explains what the movie Pixels is about! The only thing I know about it, is a picture at the movie theater of a giant Pac Man eating a city. Now it makes a lot more sense! Haha I bet that you are dying to play it huh? I miss that dinner so much. There is Krispy Kreme's in Puebla I think... Just HAVE TO find it! 
  • Dear Cooper: You always got to have souvenirs, especially from a trip to Europe! Luckies.. Haha so he already knew about Joy.. That is good that they're doing better together. What is Pixels about anyway? Oh man. I do miss that legendary dinner.. Is that your first time with Krispy Kreme Donuts? They are the best in the world! Sounds like a pretty scary game.. You'll have to enjoy it for me!
  • Dear Keaton: Weird, I've never written you first. Haha yeah, I can tell in the pictures that that is true. Haha so you are the one that gets to sleep with the new kitty! Haha well, there are always still fireworks here in Puebla.. More new neighbors in the Sexton home? Wow. What is Pixels about anyway? I need to know if that if one I need to see when I return. Haha. Sounded like a good week! So that is good.
  • Dear Callahan: That is the working life.. Ain't it awesome? There is a Krispy Kreme donuts somewhere in Puebla I believe.. Or at least I hope! Haha yeah, with you and me not there to partake of the steak, I can imagine a lot of leftovers. I know.. It is going pretty fast. This change flew by. Next week is the end of the change. Honestly... I am praying to have changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment