Monday, August 3, 2015

Week#24 - Last Week in Forjadores


Well, it is the last week of the change... and that is when you hear if you have changes or not. On Saturday, I did get the call. At first, I was soo happy to finally leave Forjadores, because we have just had no work here, but now, that I have to say goodbye to everyone, those I have known since my first day in Puebla ... that is the hard part.

Sunday, during our meeting with the ward mission leader, I had a moment of reflection. For the meeting, we need to make lists; the investigators we have, and the plans that we have made for them. The first two on the list are investigators that we've had since we first arrived. Both from part member families, and both have known the church for a long time. So I just thought about them, wondering if they have really progressed at all since I got here, or if I was going to leave them the same way I found them.

With one hermana, at first, she wanted nothing with the church, and only went for her husband. But now, she wants to be baptized! So with her, I know that she is better now than before.

Tthe other hermano, we've worked with a lot since I got here, but he does not appear to be progressing. He says that he believes everything, but won't keep commitments. I was feeling a little down about that... but when we started talking about him, the sister missionaries of our ward said that they ate with him recently (he is the owner of Tomato's pizza) and they said when they talked with him, that he would only talk about me. One of the hermanas said "Really, he LOVES you!" Then our ward mission leader, who is a good friend of his, said that he also talked with him recently, and he told him "I've been thinking... and I think that it is time to close on Sundays, so I can go to church." That was always our biggest problem with him, working Sundays. So yeah, hearing that made me cry. Knowing that I personally had an effect on this hermano. No, I won't be there to see his baptism, but at least I had a part in his conversion.

I have had a good time here in Forjadores, but it is now time to go elsewhere, where the Lord needs me. I testify that this is the work of the Lord! And it will ever press forward. Les amo.

Mi compa bought this hat. 
When asked "What does the B mean?" I said "BLACKHAMBoy"

*** Step Stats ***

Monday, July 27 - 9545
Tuesday, July 28 - 12162
Wednesday, July 29 - 27244
Thursday, July 30 - 8473
Friday, July 31 - 10212
Saturday, August 1 - 5264
Sunday, August 2 - 11645

Wednesday, it was district meeting, then I went with Elder Galaz to his area of Cuexomate. Walking, walking, walking all day in the blazing sun! The other days, the steps weren't great, as I have been battling a cold this week. 

Here at home, Mommy is happy to have regaining the #1 spot! Then there are the Blackham brothers staying very active this summer. Lots of time spent at the local gym practicing basketball skills. Grandpa W's Fitbit hasn't been working, but after a quick check up last night, hopefully it will be registering steps and we can actually see where he stands. Where is Grayson? It is hard to make Landon's top 10 ... there is a bit of competition from the Blackham family and friends. 


*** Between Brothers ***
Dear Landon, this week, I didn't do much stuff. Though I did go to Seven Peeks with Randon for his birthday. We had a lot of fun. The ride I liked most was, Shotgun Falls. But one time I went on it, we got stuck at the beginning of the ride so we didn't get any air. Yesterday, we went to Uncle Derek's house for pizza. When I was there, Annie "lit me on fire" with a fake candle so I said "stop, drop and, roll!" So I started rolling around on the carpet. On our way home, we stopped at Caballas and looked at some stuff. There was this place in Caballas that made fudge. We were able to have samples of the fudge. I got cookies and cream, Mom got Rolo, Cooper got milk chocolate and Keaton got Reeses. This morning when we let the ducks out, Alex and Pedro flew away... Now Andy is all alone again. That's it for this week. Love ya. Love, Colt

Dear Landon, it is August already! Time really does fly when you are having a bunch of fun. Like going to Gene Fullmer, bowling, on the tramp, and time with our pets. Speaking of pets, we now have one ducky again. None of them died, but Alex and Pedro have flown away. So Andy (yet again) is alone in her pen. And we also have not spent some of our time letting Oreo and Joy in the same room. But I still really think, Oreo wants to be the main pet of the family, and he still is. We all went to uncle Derek's house yesterday, and ate some pizza. But before we went there, me, Jacob, and Colton were playing on Jacob's hoop playing "Tornado." Anyways, when I went to drive in to the basket, I rolled my ankle really badly. There was a big bruise on my foot, and it makes it hard to walk around. And after going to their house for pizza, we went to a store called Capella's. It is probably a little bigger, or smaller than Scheels. There was a little aquarium, lots of hunting/fishing supplies, and a place that had some sample fudge. And FNAF 4 still has not come out to the Ipod, so I still can't play, but I cannot wait for it. Love, Cooper

Dear Landon, Gene Fullmer's basketball court is going to be closed this week to redo the floor. That means this week will be really boring since I can't go anywhere to play basketball. The kitty is getting a little less devilish. Sure, her bites and scratches are getting more painful, but they're becoming less frequent. Mom said that we might switch her to Cal's room for a few nights so I can get a good night's rest. We went to Derek and Daniel's yesterday, and I found out that Daniel is pregnant. I asked mom because I thought that they couldn't... you know, but they did. They specifically said SHE was a happy surprise. Yes. Ani, Leila, and new little-baby-girl-Westra. Mine and Cooper's birthdays are coming up (and yours). I already got a new Indoor ball as an early birthday to use at Gene Fullmer so we wouldn't have to wait for Cal to get home so I can take MY ball back! That he steals! I hope that I actually get something I want for my birthday that isn't pity food. I hate pity food. So yeah... you know. Wuv, Keaton

Dear Landon, I had an 11 and a half hour shift yesterday and I'm so glad its over. I had 3 other shifts last week as well, no Real games. Two of the ducks flew away as you already have heard. Andy is the lone duck at last. It was Mason's birthday on Aug. 1st which me and Ben surprised him at midnight with some presents. He's freakin 17 which is weird. I didn't get to do any of the fun stuff the family did this week. I guess I did go to the mall with them to get pretzel/pretzel bites which are amazing. Mom has had me take the boys bowling, and I'm amazing at bowling as well. Gene Fullmer's basketball court is closed this week so I can't go play, I might go to Marv Jensen just to get some shots up. I'm semi-excited for school to start, I'm just not excited for conditioning with the basketball team. It's like death but worse. We went to Grandma's for our brunch thing that we do each month.  That's pretty much all you need to know. Love and miss you bro, Callahan

  • Dear Colton: Is Seven Peaks fun? I have never been there! You saw Randon too? I bet that was pretty fun to see him again! Ah, Derek's house is super nice! You mean Cabellas? I have tried their fudge, and it is super good! They duckies flew away?! What!? Aww. That is sad. You don't need to miss them too much. You can always have others. 
  • Dear Cooper: hat statement sure is true! Time does fly when you are having fun. Sounds like you guys have had a TON of fun! Which is awesome! I heard from Colton, that the other two ducks have flown away.. That is sad for Andy.. But soon she will learn to fly too, and be with other duckies. Ouch... Rolling ankles suck. We played some basketball today with the other missionaries, and one misionera stubbed her finger on the ball (I can imagine you know how that feels.) After that, she was done. Haha. Keep having a good time while summer lasts.
  • Dear Keaton: Shoot... No basketball at Gene Fullmer for a week! I can imagine that being hard for you guys. Haha. Does Joy bite and scratch you during the night? Haha what?! A girl?! There wasn't supposed to be any new cousins while I am gone!! Oh well, I am sure that they are super happy. Sounds like a good week.. Keeping have a blast!
  • Dear Callahan: Eleven hours, that is a long shift. Sounds a lot of fun. Surprise party at midnight?  I would like my birthday present to be the privilege to sleep....Haha. That is super weird that Mason is 17! I miss pretzels a lot! That is one thing that I have never seen here in Mexico. Good luck with the classes that you are going to take, it will be a ton of fun! Difficult, but fun! Keep the good times going.

No comments:

Post a Comment