Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week #39 - Just Between Brothers

Well, Monday came and went with no letter from our Landon. It's not the first time that has happened. I'm not an overly anxious missionary mom. I was disappointed, but not really worried. He did write today, although just a short note to me (and steps upon request) ... and then wrote his responses to his brothers. I really love that the boys at home have a habit (mom enforced of course) of writing Landon, and that Landon always takes the time for a personal response. I treasure the conversation between the brothers and am happy they can remain close, even when miles apart.

Here is bit from his note to me ...

Sorry that I didn't write yesterday. Apparently it was some holiday, and there was no school. And when the college is closed, pretty much everything is closed. So we really couldn't find any internet place! But that is the life. Hope you enjoyed your birthday mama mía! And tell Dad Feliz cumpleaños! In answer to your question (I had asked if they had heard about the Paris terrorist attacks), our little "hi-tech" cell phone that we got here gets news little messages from a news station of Mexico. And it is a mandatory thing, we can't block it at all. It keeps us in touch. That is how I found out about Paris.. Pretty sketchy stuff.

*** Between Brothers ***
Dear Landon, so basketball season is here and the team is made! Yes, I am on it. First game is December 1st and I am so excited. We haven't got our gear yet which I'm super excited for as well. With basketball I only have 25ish hours at KFC now because I have practice everyday after school.  I have to retake all my tests before or during school now because I don't have time after school which sucks, but I'll try and make it work. Not much else has happened this week, same old same old, school, basketball and work. Hope everything is going well for you in your new district. Love you bro - Callahan

Dear Landon, so tryouts for CH were pretty fun. I got cut on the third day. That's as far as I was thinking because there were two sophomore point guards and another point guard at sunset that are better than me. The bad thing is is that someone from West Hills made it. You don't know him because he just moved here, but he's tall and athletic and I didn't even think he would make it. He's mad that he made it too! He's just playing because his dad is making him. I feel bad for him though because he's not going to start or even get nearly as much playing time as he would have for West Hills. Only two freshmen made the sophomore team. Leo, (the guy I've been talking about) and Trevon. He's the sophomore coaches son, so no surprise there.  Tryouts for West Hills are this week on Monday-Thursday. The coach said during our open gym that he will probably be done with the cuts by Tuesday so we can have Wednesday and Thursday for practice. Our coach was the assistant coach from last year. He's also subbing for a teacher at West Hills tomorrow and Tuesday. None of us have that class though (french). Everything else is the same. So yeah... Wuv, Keaton

Dear Landon, the Jazz didn't do so good this week, and now they are 4-5 with 3 losses this week and no wins. (Well, update, they won that day after the letters were emailed off).  They lost to the Heat, Magic, and the Cavs, and all were pretty close losses. And we have had NBATV since the Summer League in June, so we can still watch a lot more games than we were used to. And another good feature to it is that if there are close games on that aren't on any channels, it will show the game, and that happened with two games yesterday! It was after the Phoenix vs Denver game, in which the Suns went on for a win, and immediately after that it went to the Milwaukee vs Cleveland game that was in 2OT. The Bucks ended up winning them by a little bit, ending the Cavs 8 game win streak. And then a little bit after that, it was the Golden State vs Nets game, where Andre Iguoladola got a 3 pointer to tie it and go in to overtime. The Warriors are still undefeated at 11-0 now. Parent-Teacher Conferences were fine, I got all 4's except for two 3's, and everything was alright. After that we went to the book fair and got me a couple of books, and I have already read 16 books just if you wanted to know. Colton and I got the day off of school Friday, and we played a basketball game, and a new football game that we have made. Now The Voice are in the Live Playoffs and my favorite person is probably going to win. My first and second favorite artist were saved by America, but my third, fourth, fifth, and sixth were eliminated, so it is going alright on The Voice right now.    Love, Cooper

Dear Landon, I had a crazy basketball game this week! We only won by one! It was our last game, my team was cheering and celebrating because we went undefeated throughout the whole league! It was in the last quarter, also, it was bonus for both teams, one minute left, and the ball kept getting stolen by this kid on the other team that was like eight years old but was almost as good as Keaton! He was not so good with ball handling though. Other than that he was great! One of the kids on my team was with the ball, then all three of my coaches started yelling, "PASS IT TO COLTON, PASS IT TO COLTON!!" They wanted the ball to be in my hands because my ball handling. Later on I crossed over number three. Score was 24-25 us winning, our ball, with four seconds left! They passed the ball to me and I held the ball until the buzzer sounded. So that was it, we won the league. The Jazz has four wins and five losses, Golden State is STILL undefeated! (11-0) Keaton and I played Nuketown zombies again, this time I got the Ray Gun Mark two in like 7 tries. We got to round 20. My guns were, the Lsat pack-a-punched and the Ray Gun Mark two pack-a-punched. I pack-a-punched the Lsat twice because I didn't like the sight. Me and Cooper made up a game that we don't have a name for yet but it's really fun. So we have a football tea that we place the ball to kick it, if the other catches it, he gets a point. If it touches the ground before he catches he has to run the the end of the yard for a "touchdown." If the kicker gets the ball before the catcher gets the ball, the kicker gets to kick again. (Even though you wouldn't really want to kick again because the only way to get points is to be the catcher.) Anyway, that is the end of it for this letter today. Oh, and kitties are sleeping together right on one of the new chairs, they're so cute. Anyway, bye, Love ya. Love your youngest brother Colt
  • Dear Callahan, Haha your favorite time of the year! Sounds like you've got a few weeks to condition yourself! Haha honestly, don't know how you do it! How many hours of practice will it be everyday? You're a beast! Now will be a testing time for you.. But I know that you can handle it. Just stay smart and work your best!  
  • Dear Keaton: Well good that you had some fun at the high school tryouts. Always a good experience to try. Point guards are often the favored spots, so makes sense that there would be a few of them! I guess it makes sense that a super tall guy would easily make the team, too bad you won't get him on the middle school team! Good luck with the tryouts, and have fun!
  • Dear Cooper: Yikes.. What has happened to the Jazz?! They were doing so good! Sounds like you are getting the whole bit through NBATv! Pretty cool! Uh oh... what happened with those two 3's on your report card?! Are you flunking off? Haha just kidding... As long as you are doing your best! Playoffs for the Voice! Here in Mexico, it's "La Voz!" just if you were wondering. Haha
  • Dear Colton: Sounds like a pretty intense final game! Good job! Dang Golden State.. 11-0? That is pretty awesome! Haha are you guys thinking about buying the new Black Ops 3? To see what the new zombies are like? Haha maybe you will have to explain it to me and we can play it when I come home in 15 months! Kinda seems long now, but it will pass by quickly!

*** Step Stats ***
Monday, November 9 - 18456
Tuesday, November 10- 18837
Wednesday, November 11- 18181
Thursday, November 12- 16818
Friday, November 13- 13567
Saturday, November 14- 14567
Sunday, November 15- 11500
Monday, November 16- 14136

Not a huge change from last week ... I'm number one, as is usually the case ;)  Colton is actually above Cooper. Alas Keaton and Grayson didn't quite make the top10 (they were 11th and 12th place respectively).  Grandpa Westra is in it again, along with Uncles Shane and Chris, and Aunt Wendy. Our neighbor Terrilynne always makes a good showing as well (even though I haven't seen her at Zumba for a few weeks!) 

The weather here is colder, but I'm an indoor exerciser, so it doesn't really impact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment