Monday, May 25, 2015

Week #14 - Got Some Goodies


Well, this week was quite similar to the last. A lot of walking in the rain, and a lot of meetings. Except for this week, I got to go on interchanges with my zone leader. I always love interchanges because I get to experience a different area, different investigators, and a different campñero. Which is definitely a good experience to have. Our zone leaders are pretty ridiculous, but they're great missionaries. But the truth is right now, we are struggling a bit. We have two real investigators. The others "investigators" are ones that we have taught once, and now cannot find them again. That is definitely the biggest problem, finding people.

But no need to worry. I'm doing fine. During these slow times, it is a bit difficult, but I know that I continue with the strength of the Lord. Hope you all have a great week! Eso es todo.. (That is all... "Eso es todo" is a phase I learned when I was with my zone leader.. Because he says it all the time!)

¡Les amo!


Got Goodies!

One of the member families in Landon's area has relatives here in West Jordan. She was coming to visit, and said she had room to take a package to Landon. So ... some packages of Oreos, Reeses peanut butter cups, FavoREDS jelly beans, Samoa Girl Scout Cookies, some little toys. Hope he enjoys them! Landon said  "Thank you so much.. I was not expecting so many goodies. We missionaries don't have any money for such goodies." To which I said "Don't eat them all at once!" 




*** Step Stats ***

Monday, May 18 - 15049
Tuesday, May 19 - 16355
Wednesday, May 20 - 29002 
Thursday, May 21 - 21132
Friday, May 22 - 19746
Saturday, May 23 - 16364
Sunday, May 24 - 14586

What is this? 
Colton is #1! 

I can't believe a nine-year old who never actually "exercises" has everyone beat! He has been really active lately, even with spending hours at a school desk most days.  Landon would really probably have Mommy beat too, as everyone else has their Monday steps averaged in, and Landon's update is only through the 24th (Sunday, yesterday).  The Wednesday numbers of just over 29k are a new record for Elder Blackham. That was when he was with his zone leader in a different area (he said their area is actually very small, which may actually impact step numbers!) Grayson hasn't had time to exercise much, but he's also had a few issues with his Fitbit (he gave Mommy his One when hers died, and is back to a Zip). 


*** Between Brothers ***
Dear Landon, so only 2 of the ducks made it. Their names are, Joe and Andy. I saw one of them hatch itself! It's still a handfull to take care of. I can't even imagine if all seven ducks hatched! It would be crazy! We have been letting the ducks go into the bathtub to swim, and letting them go outside. In the bathtub, they dive under the water while swimming! One time when we went outside with the ducklings, one of them plucked off one of my eyebrows and pooped on my hand! One time when we put the duck in a bucket to go outside, they jumped out of it! Today when mom was picking weeds, she found a worm and we gave to Andy and he ate quickly. Plus, Joe follows Andy everywhere. They're buddies. Livi came back!! We had a party. Today we went to her church because she was going to talk. I got checked out from school and it was my first time being absent in school! Playoffs. So that cliff hanger I left you on last week, Houston won. So now Golden State is against Rockets. There has already been 3 games and Warriors has won them all. No team has came back from a 3-0 series so I'm confident. Atlanta beat Wizards and Cleveland beat Chicago. There has been 2 games and Cleveland has one them both and I want Atlanta to win. James Harden is one of my least favorite players now because, one, he is a ballhog. Two he is a crybaby. Oreo hasn't been meowing lately. There is a game going on right now, Atlanta vs Cleveland. That's it for this week, you're going to be da greatest missionary ever! Love, Colton

Dear Landon, as you can hear, two of our ducklings made it, their names Andy and Joe. Wow, they are very hard to take care of, because of all the poop inside of the box, their LOUD chirping, and Oreo getting into the box, even though he did not bring them harm. We have also let them bathe in Callahan's bathtub, and sometimes let them roam outside for a little walk. Now we can talk about Oreo. So he has been in the box with the duckies, has been sleeping on my bed a lot, and of course, sleeping everywhere. Now with our Playoffs news. They are now in the third round, and some stuff has been going the way I want it, and some things I don't want it to be. First of all, Golden State has a 3-0 lead against the Rockets, and the Cavs are leading 3-0 too, against the Hawks. But in NBA history, no team has ever came from a 3-0 deficit ever. Another movie has come out, Pitch Perfect 2. Ever since you showed me the trailer for it, I really want to watch that movie and see what happens. And the last thing I will want to tell you is that there is 2 more weeks of school left, I cannot wait until school is over.    Love, Cooper

Dear Landon, the wee lil ducklings are way cute, but it was way  scary when we saw Oreo in the box we keep them in with them the very first morning! We then moved the box we keep 'em in from the furnace room to the LEGO room (so the door actually closes).  Livi came home, and it was kind of odd going to her church for the homecoming it was her FIRST time going there (besides stuff for Clayton's family, cuz they the same church)! So she kind of got welcomed to the church as the newest member and gave a talk on coming back? What the heck? However, she did get to keep her plaque of her that was hanging in I don't know what church. I didn't know that you got to do that. There was also a farewell that same day for some other fella, so it was way packed (like all the way to the back of the gym). We finally painted my room. We put up an accent wall, too! It's navy blue on the far back side of the room.  No more... you know;) But, I did miss some spots that needed spackling. My OCD says it's more bitter than sweet. The room looks amazing still, finally! Wuv, Keaton😘

Dear Landon, your favorite brother here. So I bet you have heard enough about the ducks so I won't talk to you about them. And you have enough playoff talk. So I'll talk to you about school. So we got like 2 more weeks left which is crazy cause my sophomore year flew by. And my grades aren't too bad right now which is weird cause usually they struggle close to the end then I get them up at the last second. I also got to get a job to save up money because the basketball team is going to Orlando for a basketball tournament in December and I got to save up some money for that. I can probably get a job at KFC with Ben because his brother has a good position there. I need to save around 1900 dollars.. So that'll be hard, but it will be worth it. Hopefully. But how are things in Mexico? Hopefully no more hospital runs or sunburns. How's the food and shelter? I've been thinking about where I would want to go for my mission and I think England would be cool. Did you have a specific place you wanted to go? Have fun in Mexico bud! See you in a while.

  • Dear Colton: Ah man, only two? That's sad.. Even more sad that their names are Joe and Andy.. Hahah just kidding. How do they get along with Oreo..? I am interested to see how that goes.. Haha have you got a haircut from her yet? She's going to be telling you everything about her mission, so get ready! Haha well eso es todo.. (That is all) Te amo.
  • Dear Cooper: That is sad that only 2 made it.. And what happened to my name for the duckies.. San Pedro Sanchez? Haha just kidding. Haha Oreo.. better not kill one of them.. That would be very sad! Pitch Perfect 2!? Ahh man.. Well enjoy it for me. Have a good 2 weeks of school left! Te amo.
  • Dear Keaton: Haha well I wish you guys lucky with the duckies! Maybe it is good that you guys only have two! That is a bit weird.. To give a homecoming talk to a new ward.. My friend Kody gave to farewell talks, because his family moved like two weeks before he left. Nice! We've actually painted a room in the house of a hermana in the ward! We had to be very careful because we were in our nice clothes! OCD.. It has been a while since I last heard that term! Well get to work, and have a great week! Te amo.
  • Dear Callahan: Haha I remember sophomore year.. It did fly, even though I did nothing.. DON'T WORK AT KFC... I guess if you want to jumped off a cliff at the end of everyday.. Seriously, talk to dad about working for Nate Ator. The experience will be 10 times better with him, I promise you that. At least for the summer. Once school starts you can have greasy hands.  Nope, no more hospital runs.. Maybe a sunburn as a result of today.. We played soccer or fĂștbol as a zone today. Which was interesting for me.. Never have really played fĂștbol.. But I didn't do to bad. Scored 3 goals.. Food is pretty good. The members fed us well. And the houses of the members are actually for the majority pretty nice for Mexico. Wait a second.. Are you thinking of serving? That's awesome! I just wanted to go Spanish speaking.. I kinda wanted to go somewhere further away than Mexico. But Mexico is awesome! Well keep up the good work my brother. Te amo.

No comments:

Post a Comment