Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week #58 - Semana Santa and Puppy Pictures


Well honestly... not much to write about today. This week was pretty slow. We got no work done because here it is "Semana Santa" and everyone is on vacation. But we will get back to work this next week!


Semana Santa is Mexico's second most important holiday season of the year, behind only Christmas, and runs from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday. In addition to attending Mass on Good Friday and Easter Sunday, many Mexicans will also take advantage of the holiday to go on vacation. If you're planning to visit Mexico during Semana Santa, make sure you checked on availability in advance. Semana Santa 2016 is March 20 - March 27. Semana Santa, or Holy Week, celebrates the Christian holiday of Easter. Mexico is nearly 90 percent Catholic, so this religious holiday takes on a special meaning that the entire community shares and participates in.

I sent an Easter package to Landon ... but unlike my previous packages, this one is getting held up. I had been informed that because of the holiday, post offices would be closed in Mexico, but even as the holiday has passed, my package hasn't moved. I have a call in, and hopefully we'll find out what the issue is. It was just some candy and silly stuff (some bunny ears, a little basketball set), and a birthday bag (shirt, socks, a couple ties) for Landon's companion. Cross your fingers it makes it through!

A little story about these puppy pictures.. As we walked y a house of a member in the ward, we always saw this dog that was super pregnant! So I knew that she was going to pop any day. And she did! She has got 9 little puppies!








*** Step Stats ***

Monday, March 21 - 20550
Tuesday, March 22 - 20134
Wednesday, March23 - 19478
Thursday, March 24 - 11968
Friday, March 25 - 13217
Saturday, March 26 - 15299
Sunday, March 27 - 14271


Our immediate Blackham Family (all five boys, mom and dad) take the first seven spots on Landon's Top10 this week! Uncle Derek, Uncle Chris and Aunt Wendy fill in the rest. We are a competitive bunch when it comes to steps!








***Between Brothers ***

Dear Landon, I don't have much to write because I do not have a lot of time. I was on a sleepover at Maga's house with Aidan, Amare, Addie, and, Will. It was so much fun. We had a party before the sleepover, we hit a pinata, did an egg toss with raw eggs, one egg splattered all over my pants! For Easter, I got jelly beans, kit kats, new shoes, and cheese balls. On NBA2K16, I now have a team that has a lot of good players. I haven't lost one game yet, considering I have only played against easy teams and on rookie. The little kitty is in heat again. She is nonstop rolling around and meowing loud as thunder. But not as deep. I have to do my homework, so talk to you next week! Love, ya.  ColtBolt

Dear Landon, we had a short week of school, and I kind of wished we did have school. It kind of sounds weird, but I want to hang out with my friends all the time and play basketball. Speaking of basketball, I learned one of the things Stephen Curry does for his pre-game routine. It was really complicated to do, but I nailed it after like 60 attempts, ha. Whenever I want to do it, I can do it because I have basically mastered it. They are now 66-7, so they are close to beating that record. SAGE Testing is almost starting, and the thing we start with is the thing I despise the most, writing. I absolutely hate it and don't like anything about it. Whenever I hear the words "essay" or "report", I immediately do not want to do it (even though it is the subject I am the best at). Today was Easter, and we got some pretty cool stuff. I got two new pairs of shorts, three pairs of sports socks, basketball shoes, candy, and a soccer goal. Mom has been making nests more often, and I love them. Do you like the nests? Because Keaton and Colton do not seem to like them a bit. Keaton made me a team on 2K16 with some of my favorite players. I chose to play as the Milwaukee Bucks, because their jerseys are cool. Some of the basic players I chose were R. Westbrook, K. Durant, G. Antetokounmpo, and J. Wall. We went to Maga's house for Easter, and it was fun. We played a lot of football and and some kind of egg toss game. Yolk splattered all over my hands because dad threw it so high. Colton is not going to write you tonight because he decided to have a sleepover with all of them (we do not have school tomorrow either).  Love, Cooper

Dear Landon, we just went to Maga's house for an Easter dinner. It was fun and really good. Colton asked if he could sleep over because Will and Addie were too. Mom and Dad let him. He's wearing joggers lqtm. He has slept in joggers before though. Cooper, Colton, and I have been playing a little bit more of 2K16 on the PS4. We each made a roster that gathers 13 of our favorite players onto a team (kind of like an all star team). Since they're on different rosters though, our teams can't play each other. The teams that we got the players from have been traded for someone on the team we chose, so now those teams practically suck.  I chose Washington DC because I like the red, white and blue, but the OKC jerseys are cool too. We each have at least one player in common. Coop and I have got five or six same players. Little Kitten is in heat again... she is so annoying. She meows every five seconds louder than a car a horn, she's constantly rolling around on the floor and she's occasionally in the "breeding position" as Coop and Colt call it lqtm. I get my cast off on Tuesday! I'm way excited for that because I can SEE dead skin inside of my cast and I can literally scrape it off. In Spanish on Tuesday, our teacher said she'll let us watch Nacho Libre all of that class period because she likes us and it's the end of the term. Tomorrow is the last day of spring break. There's only three days of school this week for Middle schoolers and High schoolers since there's no school Friday because it's grade transmittal day. So yeah... Wuv, Keat


No comments:

Post a Comment