Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Week #62 - Talking About Teotlaltzingo


Teotlaltzingo ... I know. It is a mouth full.

To tell you all a bit about the area, it is a lot like Apizaco. A lot of area, and a lot of pueblos. Although Apizaco is about twice as big as Teotlaltzingo, we don't share the ward with anyone. It is all ours. And the fact that it is a ward and not a branch is quite surprising.

When I saw the church that we use, I said "Wow, really?" During my whole mission, in every area I have been in, the church building have always been good sized, and fairly new! But our church building here is super small! And not very new.. But it does the job at least! 

Generally every Sunday, there are about 60 to 80 people, which fills up the little sacrament meeting room. The members are great, there are 3 pueblos that we generally work in, with a family that basically owes the whole pueblo! Haha it is pretty funny to contact someone in the street, and ask them their name, and to say Castro, or Atlixqueño, or Gamelia (the three families that make up 90% of the ward.) Now you know all about Teotlaltzingo!

We sure got hit with rain this week... Everyday, it would just come and go! On Saturday, we got stuck out in the rain.. I even brought the raincoa tmy folks sent me several months back, I and think this was the real test.. But it failed.. I got super wet.. At least my books and all that made it through without damage. 

I am still using my beloved Underarmour sling bag that bought about six years ago! Haha everyone comments on my bag, saying that it is cool and ask if it is new, I say "Nope! I had had this thing for 6 years!" And they are often surprised. Haha I guess that $30 was worth it, right? :)

*** Step Stats ***

Catching up on Step Counts ...
Monday, April 11 - 22306
Tuesday, April 12 - 13058
Wednesday, April 13 - 19372
Thursday, April 14 - 18430
Friday, April 15 - 15773
Saturday, April 16 - 26069
Sunday, April 17 - 8252
Monday, April 18 - 12005
Tuesday, April 19 - 21159
Wednesday, April 20 - 17791
Thursday, April 21 - 14364
Friday, April 22 - 14231
Saturday, April 23 - 15654
Sunday, April 24 - 11246

Super Cooper is STILL at the top of the list! Landon has dropped beneath his active brothers. Aunt and Uncles beat out Grandpa and Daddy on the Top10 this past week ...


We also got a note from the mission president, posted on the mission Facebook page as followed ...

Dear Family and Friends, we want to advise you about the recent news that has been published about the Volcano Popcateptl and its recent volcanic activity, it is true that there was a little of said activity but we want to tell you that all is under control and that you can be calm knowing that everyone of the missionaries of the Mexico Puebla North Mission are well. We love you!!!
I hadn't heard anything about volcanic activity ... I guess it wasn't big enough news to surpass the earthquake in Equador. Landon had posted a picture of PoPo a while back (Week #11).

*** Between Brothers ***
Dear Landon, all of the SAGE writing is over, but next week starts the reading. I don't really care about the reading. The writing is just annoying. It's pretty much SAGE prep in all of my classes now. It's the worst time of the year. We ran the mile on Friday and I got my new best time. I got third in my class at 5:37. The two guys ahead of me were both some of my soccer friends. It's always soccer guys that are good at the running, but I was only behind by about 20 seconds. Last week, Dad used the smoker for the first time and we had ribs. This week, he's trying pulled pork. It makes the garage smell amazing. A week from tomorrow is the due date for the little ducky eggs to hatch. We candled them last week and all of them showed signs of life! One of them even moved. We went to Grandpa Gordy's grave yesterday and then Crown Burger's. Crown Burger's is a lot better than I remembered. I guess that's because I actually eat burgers now lqtm. So yeah... Wuv, Keat

Dear Landon, the Playoffs are getting better as we are going deeper in them. Right now, I 'll show you where every team is standing. CLE leads 3-0 over DET, TOR and IND are tied at 2, MIA leads 2-1 over CHA, ATL leads 2-1 over BOS, GSW leads HOU at 2-1, SAS leads MEM 3-0, OKC leads DAL 3-1, and LAC leads POR 2-1. Yep, the Warriors lost the third game against the Rockets with a game-winner by Harden. But the NBA later said that it shouldn't of counted because there was an offensive foul committed by Harden while doing it. There were four other missed calls in the final two minutes. Miami embarrassed Charlotte in the first two games, but Charlotte came back strong in the third game at home. Oklahoma-Dallas and Boston-Atlanta have both been very competitive in all the games. There has been a lot of fights, technical fouls, and flagrant fouls. That basically sums up the Playoffs, but there is still many stuff that has happened. Awards are being handed out right now for the NBA. So far, Jamal Crawford won 6th Man of the Year, C.J. Mcollum won Most Improved Player, and Kawai Leonard won Defensive Player of the Year. I am jumping much higher than I have at the beginning of the school year. I could barely touch the rim on >7.5 feet. Now I am able to touch that easily, and I can touch 8.5 feet. At school this week, we did Ryan and I (the best players) against everybody, because of something Ryan had done. So we had already picked teams and then Ryan said, "If I make this, it is Cooper and I against all of you!" He shot it from about ten feet above the three point line, and banked it in. I got like three and-1's in that game. Then the game after, I had one of my best games. I had 18 points, 10 assists, and 7 rebounds while going 8-9 shooting, in windy weather! I started with 6 assists before I took my first shot. Finally, we candled the eggs. So far, all of them seem to have veins and are still alive. Are we going to get seven ducks out of seven eggs? I guess we'll have to wait and see... Love, Cooper 

Dear Landon, the playoffs having been really interesting. GSW lost the third game by a game winning shot from James Harden. C.J Mcollum got the MIP (Most Improved Player) of the year award! Jamal Crawford got 6th man, and Kawai Leonard got defensive. I had three games this week and won one of them. In the first two game we got obliterated. But in the second game we only won by 39. Not a lot. I don't know exactly know how many points I got in that game but I'm guessing 18. I hit a three pointer in the first and third game. My passing is still really good. We have seen the duckies a lot but sometimes there will only be one stopping by once in a while. We are going to have a good dinner is about an hour so anyway, I personally didn't have much to write this week unlike Cooper who probably wrote 17,000,000 lines so love ya! ColtBolt

  • Dear Keaton: Poor, poor boy with all the SAGE testing.. Haha just kidding.. it is miserable. Just wait until you have to take AP tests or the ACT, now THAT is fun stuff.. I hated the ACT with all my heart.. And the AP tests are just so stressful! First, you pay a bunch of money, then you have to pass with a 3 or higher to even get the credits ofr the whole year! Luckily, I passed my two AP tests.. :) I remember being able to run.. (I am not saying that I am fat, okay?) We actually went running last Tuesday in the morning, and it felt great! My companion died out.. But I loved it. But I can't remember my best mile.. I think it was around 5:40-ish.. Maybe, honestly can't remember. But I can remember that my longest run was like 10 miles! I felt pretty boss for doing that. Haha
  • Dear Cooper: Wow! That is a pretty in-depth review of what is happening for the Playoffs! Haha I can't believe Dallas and OKC are head to head.. AGAIN! Make sense for why is it super competitive between the two! Haha if you like playing so much at school, why don't you want to play on a real team? You would do awesome! Although I am sure that Mom appreciate at least one son that doesn't need rides to games and money to join.. But whatever. Haha. And I have thought of a name I want for one of the duckies! Alondra, it is a girl name, I like it. Haha but I don't think you guys can even tell.
  • Dear Colton: Dang.. I guess that it is a bit tougher in the super league, right? But it doesn't sound like you care much for losing, so that is good, just enjoying the game! Have you guys named those two duckies that are stopping by yet? Hahah because it sounds like they are coming pretty regularly!
... and just FYI, Colton DID get a haircut this past week!



No comments:

Post a Comment